Cranberry Pecan Spinach and Kale Salad with Marinated Tofu with Chimichurri Mild
For the tofu
- 200gextra firm tofu or about 1/2 block
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1/2tsp dried oregano
For the salad
1 bunch fresh kale about 6 large stems, roughly 6-8 cups if chopped
- 1/2cup raw pecans
- 1/2cup dried cranberries mine were sweetened1/2 cup French fried onions (check ingredient list to ensure vegan variety)
- 1/2large bell pepper julienned (about 1/2 cup cut)
- 2 tbsp Chimchurri Mild
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First, crumble tofu into a medium sized bowl. Add 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, sage, and oregano to the tofu, mix well, and set aside.
- Wash kale, and remove leaves from stems. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add tofu mixture to kale, and use your hands to gently massage tofu mixture into the kale.
- Place pecans in a dry skillet on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes–just until pecans are lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove pecans from skillet, and roughly chop.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans, dried cranberries, bell pepper, and French fried onions over the top of kale, and serve.
- Drizzle appropriate dressing amount onto individual salad servings, or serve separately aside kale salad.