Pulled Lamb Shoulder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2kg (4.8 lbs) bone-in shoulder of Welsh lamb
- 2 tbsp chimichurri mild
- 1tbsp harrisa paste
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 4cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 480ml (2 cups) chicken or lamb stock
- 480ml of water
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- ¼tsp ground cloves
- juice of 2 limes- (about 4 tbsps of fresh lime juice)
- 2kg deboned lamb shoulder
Spread the Chimichurri all over the lamb and heat up a large frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Sear the lamb on all sides.
Transfer into a large over proof pot.
Add the all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil over a high heat.
Place in a preheated oven at 140 ‘C or gas mark 2 and cook for 6-8 hours.
Remove the lamb, use 2 forks to shred it. Then heat up 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the lamb over a high heat for 3-4 turning every minute. Its ready serve.